BROAD PORTFOLIO OF SERVICES,
ALL PERFORMED THROUGH AN IR LENS
Communication is a vital component of the decision-making process for investors and analysts. Strong financial results are often not enough. Articulating strategy, key metrics and goals, and engaging in a clear, consistent, meaningful dialogue with investors and analysts allows them to develop a richer impression of management, their integrity, vision, and leadership. It is also critical to reassess a company’s investment thesis and messaging on a regular basis, and hone communications as appropriate.
- Investment Thesis & Messaging. We develop each client’s investment thesis, key messages and investor communications materials to effectively communicate the story to targeted audiences.
- Investor Presentation. We create investor presentations that reflect best practices and bring forth key themes and messages.
- Earnings Communications. We drive and manage the earnings process, including drafting/editing earnings releases, scripts and decks, preparing management for Q&A, and managing the calls.
- IR Website. We assess the IR website as compared to best practices, and/or help develop a new one.
- Investor Information Exchange. We serve as a trusted, knowledgeable source of information about our client companies for investors and analysts.
- Investor Communications Advisory. We advise on disclosure, communicating outlook and financial guidance, among other matters.
INVESTOR / ANALYST OUTREACH & Meetings
With approximately 6,000 publicly listed companies in the US and many others listed outside the US, it is imperative for companies to establish, and continually expand an audience of appropriate investors and analysts that will enable constructive dialogue, proper interpretation and fair valuation. We cultivate potential investors and analysts, leveraging our broad base of contacts, ongoing market intelligence on new contacts, and more than four decades of success matching clients with the most suitable buy and sell-side professionals.
- Direct Outreach. We have several decades of experience marketing our clients to the most relevant investors and analysts.
- Non-Deal Roadshows (“NDRs”). We arrange in-person and virtual NDRs with investment professionals throughout the world.
- Investment Conferences. We secure participation in appropriate investor conferences leveraging our relationships.
- Presentation and Q&A Coaching. We coach management teams and help them tell their company’s story most effectively. Additionally, we discuss potential questions and advise on responses.
- Investor Days. We organize and implement well-attended, effective Investor Days at company headquarters and other locations.
- Relationship-Building in Investment Community. We maintain ongoing contact with analysts and investors and serve as a trusted source of information.
- Investor/Analyst Relations Advisory. Having worked with many companies and engaged with investment community professionals over several decades, we leverage that experience to counsel clients on relations with their current and potential stakeholders.
In conjunction with various forms of investor communications, it is also imperative for companies to have consistent messaging across other forms of communications.
- Corporate Positioning. We work closely with clients to develop effective corporate positioning taking into account all key audiences and stakeholders.
- Corporate Development Press Releases. We write press releases reporting a wide range of corporate developments, situations and transactions, and manage the editorial and issuance process.
- Website Development Management. We manage the development of new websites for our clients, making sure the process moves along smoothly and efficiently.
- Management Transition Communications. We have worked with clients during numerous transitions in management teams, planning and implementing a broad range of strategic communications taking all stakeholders into account.
- Corporate Communications Advisory. We advise our clients on a wide range of corporate communications, always mindful of investment community perspectives.
Drawing on roughly 300 years of combined experience, and the deep knowledge and perspective derived from our long client partnerships, we develop strategies and IR plans based on each client’s objectives. We advise clients on a wide range of corporate matters including:
- IR Plan Development
- Communications Strategy
- Disclosure & Materiality
- Investor/Analyst Relations
- Corporate Actions
- Crisis Management
- Assessing Firms & Programs
- Shareholder Activism
- Various Other Public Company Matters
We typically support companies on various transactions throughout the lifecycle of client relationships, often involving advisory, positioning and communications, outreach and logistical support.
- Follow-On Equity Offerings & Debt Offerings. Oftentimes the participants in our clients’ secondary offerings include a substantial portion of investors that we have introduced to the client over the course of our relationship.
- Up-Listings. We work with clients to facilitate up-listings to NASDAQ or the NYSE.
- Restructurings/Turnarounds/Transformations. We develop and implement a comprehensive communications program that addresses all audiences, conveys milestones and expectations, maintains management’s credibility and fosters confidence in the company’s vision.
- M&A. Many of our clients have completed M&A transactions of varying sizes in a range of sectors with diverse underlying strategies. We develop and implement the associated communication plans, mindful of investors’ points of interest.
ESG investing takes into consideration environmental, social and governance factors alongside financial factors in the investment decision-making process. With ESG becoming more and more mainstream, we help companies delve into this topic, and begin down a path towards ongoing improvements and reporting.
- Assess Current ESG Profile and Third Party Ratings/Scores
- Compare with Peer ESG Profiles, Ratings, and Practices
- Identify Areas for Improvement
- Incorporate ESG Initiatives in Corporate & Investor Communications
- Prepare Communications to Report on ESG Improvements
Crisis Counsel & Communications
When our clients encounter a crisis, we work closely with them to fully understand the situation, provide an objective point of view, and prepare a clear communications plan geared towards keeping stakeholders fully informed and maintaining credibility. This can include situations such as earnings surprises, management changes, natural disasters, major customer issues and bankruptcies, among many others.
- Strategic Advisory
- Preparation of Communications Plan
- Draft Communications Materials
- Draft Statements
- Serve as Company Contact
MARKET INTEL, ANALYSIS & REPORTING
Management teams must stay abreast of their company’s position in the public marketplace, as well as third party views of their company. At the same time, information overload is not productive. We provide the most appropriate market intelligence, tailoring content and format for each client.
- Customized Peer Monitoring & Analysis
- Shareholder/Peer-holder Analysis
- Pre-meeting Intelligence
- Post-meeting Investor/Analyst Feedback
- Institutional Holder Reporting
- Board Meeting Preparation & Reporting
- Other/Ad-hoc Market Intel & Analysis
For some clients, we expand investor and analyst awareness through proactive media relations.
- Strategic Earned Media. We secure interviews, feature stories and inclusion in industry pieces. While our primary focus is on business publications, we also gain traction for our clients by securing placements in respected regional and trade media outlets.
- Expert Positioning. Positioning our clients as experts in their field is one avenue we pursue for media coverage.
- Media Training. We prepare management for interviews.
- Media Events. We arrange for media attendance at various types of company events.
IR LOGISTICS & ADMIN
In conjunction with the IR programs we carry out for our clients, we also perform various logistical aspects of the IR function:
- News Release Issuance
- Email List Development and Maintenance
- Earnings Conference Call Preparation and Management
- Investor Conference Logistics
- Investor Day Planning and Coordination
- Investor Website Updates
- Fulfillment of Investor Information Requests
- Corrections to Outside Financial Databases and Websites
Begin Your Outreach